Saturday, June 03, 2006

Learning to Like Shaq

“The difference between those three is the Godfather trilogy. One is Fredo, who was never ready for me to hand it over to him. One is Sonny, who will do whatever it takes to be the man, and one is Michael, who if you watch the trilogy, the Godfather hands it over to Michael. So I have no problem handing it over to Dwyane. I would love to see the ball in my hands, but I'm not the best player or the best shooter on this team. I don't mind handing it over to Michael Dwyane Corleone.”

--Shaq

FYI- Kobe = Sonny; Fredo = Penny

5 Comments:

Blogger Bill Victor said...

I love all Godfather analogies. Do you love shaq now that he is the opponent for the biggest basketball games the DFW market has ever seen?

6:32 PM  
Blogger jonny rocket said...

I said "like" shaq, not "love." He seems to shoot straight, which I have to respect. I applaud him for going back and finishing school. I certainly would not have done that if I had his cash.
I have been totally wrapped up in Mavs Mania! How about Dirk in game 5? Barkley used words like Jordan, Magic, and Bird to describe his performance. That's a bit of a stretch, but all those guys had to start somewhere.
It's been great to watch a team full of players that actually seem to respect (and like) their coach. Pretty much the exact opposite of Detroit.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Bill Victor said...

I don't think those terms and Dirk's performance are out of line. He has been incredible during the playoffs. Even the national media who used to use the Mavs as punch lines are talking about Dirk making the leap to the Pantheon of great players. You will hear his name mentioned alongside of Kobe, LeBron, Duncan, Dwayne...He has surpassed KG, McGrady, Vince...

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

officially my two favorite players not in maverick uniforms ---dwane wade & shaq. i just cant actually like them right now

6:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Wade and if I had to start a franchise, I'd chose him over Lebron. That being said, I've also developed a love for Gilbert Arenas during this year's playoffs.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home